Willsons Woods is one of the oldest parks in the county parks system. It was named for the former owner of the land, Charles Hill Willson of the Willson & Adams Lumber Co. It was acquired in 1924.
The park is characterized by a beautiful bathhouse set along the local road that bisects the park. The bathhouse and one million-gallon pool were completed in 1928. The two-story bathhouse was designed in an English Tudor revival style and is presented in a striking mixture of brick, stone, wood and stucco. The grand entrance is marked by a large arch with stone voussoirs and two side portals.
Opening for the 2017 Pool Season is the DeMatteo Pavilion. Excellent rental spot for birthday parties, graduations and other special events.
The park is well-known for its waterpark, Willson’s Waves, complete with a wave pool where you can body surf on three-foot waves; splash downward on an 18-foot high water slide; wander through cascades and fountains in the water playground; or just cool off on the spray deck., water slides, a spray deck and water playground. The park also has areas for picnicking and fishing.